About Me

Eugene, OR, United States

Niagra Falls, NY Sept. 24, 2007

Niagra Falls, NY  Sept. 24, 2007
My first helicopter trip! What a rush!

Many thanks to...

Several folks deserve some special recognition for different reasons.

Natalie, my wife, you are SO WONDERFUL! I'll be home "soon." (Next month???)
Josh, my tech guy (son) who puts up with simple, dumb questions asked for the 8th time.
Karla, my graphics person for the neat business cards!
Stacey, for taking care of her Mom!

Jon Hardisty, on the phone motorcycle mechanic!
Travis and the whole crew at University Motors in Fargo, ND.
"Ya'll are great!"
All the guys at Town and Country Motorsports in Murray, KY.
Jason at ASK Motorsports in Columbus, OH.
Greg and his crew at Riders Edge in Gettysburg, Pa.
I appreciate the QUICK service.

My church family at Fairfield Baptist in Eugene, OR who are continually lifting me
to "the throne of grace" for a safe and fun trip!

The wonderful folks of Kingston and Harriman, TN who took great care of me
as a result of Day #75's little "mishap."

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day #1 July 24, 2007


Day 1
Tuesday July 24, 2007
Eugene, OR to Burlington, WA
368 miles today(14,009 -14,337)
368 miles total
2 new states today, OR & WA

I headed out of the driveway at 9:14 AM. Finally, on my way. Not knowing what to expect. I am excited, yet somehow reserved. Just don’t know what this trip will hold in store.

I headed north on I-5 and entered WA state at 11:54 AM. I hit the Seattle afternoon traffic, as I decided to stay on I-5 the whole way. I missed the I-5 “express lane” turn off and got stuck on the freeway with all the on/off ramps. I had my first “close call” here, as a lady changed lanes in front of me then decided to hit the brakes. I had to stand on the brakes with all I had to keep from hitting her. My thought was “here it is day 1 and am not even going to make it far from home without an accident.” I missed her back end, barely, and begin to learn what “increased stopping distance pulling a trailer” was all about!

I pulled into the Burlington, WA KOA about 6PM. Day 1 in the bag. Day 2, only God knows what lies in store, but I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: